Monday, December 31, 2012

Port Macquarie 70.3 - 28th October 2012

So after my more than competent return to racing, I decided I just couldn't pass up another opportunity to race, in 7days. Because of the lack of running I had been doing in the lead up to Mandurah I was- to dull it down a little- slightly sore, I just concentrated on getting myself able to walk again by Sunday.

It's kind of nice racing back to back, I didn't have to train so much just recover well. I got myself to Port Mac ready to go.

The Race
I had a good swim at Port, coming out first with Kiyomi Niwata (officially 2nd by 0.1sec ). It felt reasonably easy too so happy with that. The bike was awesome, no cramping, so I was happy to put the smack down right from the word go. I managed to put 11.30 into the next girl off the bike. Yep, 11min 30, I should be able to hold that lead right? Wrong. I ran on the spot. I quietly hoped I would be able to run better at this race after my long hard training session exactly 7 days earlier but no, I ran terribly with a 1.43 half. Britta Martin managed to run 19 min quicker and took out the race, Rebecca Hoschke also had a Stella run coming in 2nd, I held on for 3rd. I was content, the fact I could hold it together with so little running and such a short training block coming back into it, I was convinced that this was my chance, my body was finally giving into my stubborn head and letting me do this.

No comments: