Monday, December 31, 2012

Shepparton 70.3 - 18 November 2012

Race number 3, I had time after Port to actually train a bit, and work on my run.

I was very lucky to have such awesome people here in Canberra to help me out. I approached Daniel Green to help me with my run technique which was invaluable, skipping to the detail he helped me drop to a 1.33 half time, 2 little technique cues and that was only with 3x 20min runs a week- Potential?? I hope so..

Brad Hisko was able to keep my screaming Obturator at bay and gave me exercises needed to adopt the new technique. Thanks guys!!

The Race
My swim at shep was crappy. I started with the pack then i think i got a little too comfortable and got dropped at about the750m mark, I was alone. As annoying as this is I'm not one to harp on things that happen, I put my head down and kept going. In the end it wasn't a terrible time but I had a good couple of minutes to catch up to the 2 leaders Bec Keat and Lisa Marrangon.
Onto the bike and a few niggling cramps forced me to start slow but once again they left me (thank god) and I was able to start pushing. It seemed like forever before Bec Keat came into view, Due to dead roads and lots of turns but once in sight I passed without hesitation. Unfortunately Marrangon never came into view which did deter me slightly, I really couldn't tell if I was riding well or not. In the end I had the quickest time by a minute, I guess I was riding alright.

Onto the run, and as I brushed on earlier I felt good!!! :) I did not think I would be saying that so soon, but for once I actually felt like I could push and not just ' get through it' , I pushed the entire way, hips forward, striding back wards not forwards and I was moving- forward this time!! I was stoked not to get caught, I was only passed by Bec Keat who went on to win, and Lisa stayed in front only being passed by Bec also but no one else, as hard as Sarah Crowley was trying I don't think she expected such a big improvement in the run from me, but then again neither did I. It was nice to be able to use the engine in the run. Can't wait for future races.. I am excited about my run improving. So exciting.. So finished up in 3rd again. happy.

No comments: