Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Back in Aus. Ironman + the Hip

Back in Aus i felt good. The Altitude in Boulder and Rneo definately helps.

1st Overall Sri Chinmoy long course Triathlon, 26 Oct
1st Pro Shepparton Half Ironman, 16 Nov

My first 2 half ironman races in Aus were a wipeout for me. I was in good shape preparing for my first Ironman. Ironman WA.

3rd Pro Busselton Ironman, 7th Dec

It was amazing. I wasn't expecting anything especially concidering that a couple of weeks out my hips were giving out. I had one that was bothering me for several months, and a few weeks out from Ironman my other hip gave out. I was a mess. But i had trained so hard and too long for this i was doing it. I was proud of my 4.58 bike split and my 3.37 run. It was unbelievable for me.

After wards i went to get treatment from more people for more opinions. The verdict: i had a dead glute Min. It was dead. The glute med had been so overworked it had taken over any work of the min. 5 mths of not much running or riding- just swimming- and extensive accupuncture. It seemed to be improving. Finally. 5 mths!

No comments: