Saturday, July 13, 2013

New Orleans 5150- May 2013

The weekend after Florida, I found myself in another new place- New Orleans! I had never been here before and was told I had to experience the Beignets and Chicory coffee from Cafe Du Monde- that I did it was delicious!

I was yet again fortunate to stay with an unbelievable Homestay- Neill Buie and his lovely girlfriend Jodie Archer. It was fortunate or unfortunate I'm not too sure, that the New Orleans Food and Wine festival was on the very weekend I was there, AND, even better, Neill was the president!! So I couldn't help myself and Thursday I agreed to go and do the wine walk :) race or no race- it was awesome. I might have to come back sometime though and enjoy the whole weekend without having to race.

The swim was average, I had confidence after Florida but I guess with these 5150's it's a way different level to 70.3, it is fast. The girls took off like the speed of light and I just didn't have that speed. I came out in 20.27 the lead time was 18.54- hmm some work to do there.

Once I hit the bike I tried to push but something was just missing I couldn't seem to get out of my own way. I came off the bike in 3rd with 1.02.41. I really wanted to go under the hour but oh well next time.

    

The run felt good actually, I didn't know how to feel only going out for 10k- so short!!! I tried to push hard, which the body felt a little confused about. I ran a 40.20 in the end which isn't too bad for my first short course race in about 4 years!! It was frustrating in the race, I passed the 2 girls who were off the bike in front of me but 3 others passed me, and it kinda felt like slow motion, but I just couldn't keep up. It was fun though and I really really want to do some more of this distance it is fun with so much less pressure. So a 4th for me in 2.05.29. And in the money- always helps :)


1 comment:

emi said...

you're amazing to do triathlons! post more! XO

the well-traveled wife ♥