Thursday, April 19, 2007

What now- As at 10 March 07

So whats happening now? I just finished off a not so great end of Tri age-group season because right now i am recovering...from Shingles!

It is the chicken pox virus which lays in your body dormant until it is triggered by stress of the immune system. No i'm not stressed, it mainly means stress of the immune system- training too much probably i'm prone to doing that unfortunately... anyway the virus sits on nerve endings and is quite painful, i have it on my left side which has also effected my back and leg muscles causing them to cramp.

So from many doctors appointments and advise from others i unwillingly decided to take some time off- completely- and it sux! i cant handle it!! I will have had exactly 2 weeks off on monday. Way too much time if you ask me but apparently if you dont get rid of shingles completely it can turn into chronic fatigue or glandular fever so because i dont want that i am being good and letting myself get very unfit. But i'm planning to come back on monday.

This means i have pulled out of Geelong :( very sad, i was looking forward to it to. But it will give me a week of training before Bike Camp in Jindy, following that an Olympic dist tri in Mooloolaba on the 25th March and possibly another the weekend after that on the 31st in Wellington, New Zealand. I'm very excited though on the possibility of going on a 'Young Guns' tour for some lucky junior triathletes to Honolulu, Spain and Japan from the 16th May- 3rd July. This would be the coolest trip EVER. I would love to eat, live and breathe triathlon for 6 weeks. (hey i would love to eat, live and breathe it forever).

No comments: