Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Luke Harrop Memorial- Gold Coast 5 March 06

I retuned to Canberra and well, while most of the Hawaii team had a break I was right back into it. (But not running. I was going to heal my shin splints once and for all. I took 3 months off running. Yep it really was that long. It sure doesn’t feel like it now! The first time I ran properly was in January at singleton (While i was out bush with ADFA). I ran lots there and boy did it help me. It was an awesome time for my running. I didn’t wanna stop now!!

Anyway somewhere along there I went to Malaysia for Christmas and saw my family. Then I went out bush again. It was hard during that time because at the same time I was in hard training- well trying to be. It was so frustrating when I would get so fit- able to keep up with shell and then nope I would have to leave for a month. Then I would come back and no matter how hard I tried and how much I tried to deny being unfit- I was. And I knew it. I would finally get some fitness back and would be gone again.

Anyway after Christmas, I returned kind of early. I had very itchy feet and just wanted to train. So much determination. So I did. Lots and lots. I was staying in Tuggers too- my ride benefited from that. The first race was approaching and so was my bush ex. Anyway I left the day b4 the Canberra race. I wanted to do it so bad but no. Bush was fun- as I said b4 I ran…lots. It felt soooooooo good. I returned, and had already missed 3 of the series. 3!! I was so annoyed. That was half the season over already and I hadn’t started yet. But I had entered every race after that. Including sprint on the Gold Coast- Luke Harrop. I was a bit annoyed when I realized sri chmmony was also on that weekend- I had no idea. But I thought it would be a good intro to the season starting with a sprint.

I got there and to my disappointment it was canceled due to bad weather. What!?! It was bad though. Anyway us and the Jr’s still had a swim, run. And I did well. 2 girls younger than me beat me on the run. They were good. Anyway it turns out that my time would have been the first Auzzie jr home. I was 10sec off Kiwi Rebecca Spence. The announcers were saying when she crossed the line- “she is amazing, she is going to be big! We have been looking for the new Erin Baker, and I think this is her”. I was ecstatic when I realized my time was so close. I should have done Jr!? No, I like Olympic dist better- and its giving me an advantage for later. The next race was Port Stevens.

No comments: